Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy located throughout New York State
Physical Therapists & Occupational Therapists located in Farmingdale, NY & Great Neck, NY
Occupational therapy gives you back the ability to perform all your familiar activities and enjoy leisure pursuits when you’re recovering from injury or illness. The experienced team at Reddy Care Physical & Occupational Therapy throughout New York state, has considerable experience using occupational therapy to help people affected by neuromusculoskeletal and cognitive problems to regain physical function. Find out more by calling the office today, or book an appointment online.
Constance Volpe, MS, OTR/L
Director of Occupational Therapy located in Farmingdale, Great Neck, Woodbury, Floral Park & Deer Park, NY
Practicing for over 20 years, Connie graduated from Touro College in 1998 with an MS in Occupational Therapy. She's worked mainly with the adult and geriatric population in hospitals and nursing homes. Her focus began to switch to home therapy about 15 years ago when her own parents became elderly and needed her help at home.
Occupational Therapy Q & A
What is occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy is a highly-skilled, and valuable discipline providing treatments that:
- Help people to regain physical skills following an injury or surgery
- Help children (Pediatric Occupational Therapy) with disabilities participate in school and other activities
- Help seniors (Geriatric Rehabilitation) improve cognitive and physical skills
- Improve Fine Motor skills
- Improve Gross Motor Skills
- Treat Upper Extremity Injuries
- Work on Balance
- Treat stroke patients
- Educate on Patient Safety
- Managing Arthritis
How is occupational therapy different from physical therapy?
The two specialties are closely aligned, however, physical therapy treatments focus on improving function and reducing pain, while occupational therapy focuses on helping patients carry out specific tasks and finding ways to minimize and manage their condition at their current state.
Occupational Therapists can help make life easier! If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you are likely a candidate for occupational therapy. The following questions address someone’s activities of daily living (ADLs) and any difficulty managing them.
- Do you have trouble doing self-care tasks such as getting dressed?
- Do you have difficulty getting in and out of bed? Tub? Car?
- Do you need recommendations for home safety equipment, such as grab bars, or a seat for your tub?
- Do you have difficulty getting out for your appointments? Occupational therapists can help patients learn to get out of the house safely
- Are you having trouble with fine motor skills like handling pills or coins? Occupational therapists can help with fine motor skills, numbness in fingers, arthritis, etc.
- Are you having trouble with balance? The Occupational therapist can continue working on balance for reaching, etc.
- Are you experiencing a decline in function or getting weaker? Occupational therapists can do exercises for strength and endurance.
- Are you having difficulty with cooking and other household duties? Occupational therapists can teach strategies for safely completing everyday tasks while using less energy.
Reddy Care currently offers occupational therapy in our Great Neck facility and is a service in your home with our Reddy Care In Home therapy program which services Long Island & the 5 boroughs.
Neck Painmore info
Post Operative Rehabilitationmore info
Shoulder Rehabilitationmore info
Hip/Pain Rehabilitationmore info
Spinal Rehabilitationmore info
Hands On Therapymore info
Occupational Therapymore info
Orthopedic Injuriesmore info
Balance Disordersmore info
Carpal Tunnelmore info
Physical Therapymore info
Plantar Fasciitismore info
Foot and Ankle Conditionsmore info
Herniated Discmore info
Shoulder Painmore info
Sports Injuriesmore info
Knee Painmore info
Low Back Painmore info
Neurological Conditionsmore info
Pinched Nervemore info
Vestibular Rehabmore info
Multiple Sclerosismore info
Manual Therapymore info
Massage Therapymore info
In Home Therapymore info
Did you know you can get Physical and Occupational therapy right in your home? That’s right, here at Reddy Care Physical and Occupational therapy, we offer In Home therapy and bring the therapist to you. We understand the stress and difficulty involved in making it to an office visit, and that for some it might not be safe or possible to do so. We want to make sure therapy sessions are available to everyone and aim to do whatever it takes to maximize our patients’ independence and wellness. With people staying home more than ever, this is becoming an increasingly popular way to receive therapy.
So, what are the benefits of home therapy?
We follow all the necessary COVID-19 protocols, allowing you to receive your therapy and avoid large groups
No need to drive, and leave the comfort of your own home
Private one-on-one personalized sessions with individual attention
Being in the home allows the therapist better insight into your daily life, allowing them to create a program that will help you improve in the activities you enjoy and help adapt your environment to make it safer.
Most insurances are accepted, and we provide verification prior to your visit so you are informed of any possible expense.
Service areas of In Home physical and occupational therapy include, Long Island, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn Bronx, and Manhattan.
Servicing towns such as Farmingdale, Massapequa, Plainedge, Amityville.