Massage therapy, also known as manual therapy is a great way to remove stress and pain and increase your circulation! A physical therapist and occupational therapist can use this massage therapy in your therapy session to reduce your recovery time.
Who can benefit?
Reddy Care uses this therapeutic massage therapy to help people manage or recover from a wide range of conditions:
- Back and neck pain
- Arthritis, migraines
- Diabetic nerve pain
- Sports and auto-accident related injuries
- Psychological disorders including anxiety and depression (mental and emotional stress is often neurologically carried into and stored in physical tissues).
- Many others!
What does it help with?
Specific benefits of massage therapy include:
- Improved circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Accelerated healing
- Reduced swelling and inflammation
- Improved range of motion
- Reduced pain
- Decreased adhesions and scar tissue formation
- Decreased stress
- Improved mood
Massage therapy can be performed by an occupational therapist and can help a patient improve their ADLs (activities of daily living). This type of manual therapy can reduce pain and tension and improve range of motion in many of our patient's conditions including contractures, cerebral palsy, arthritis, or stroke.
At Reddy Care Physical and Occupational Therapy, we can get you set up with the right therapist for you. Call today to schedule a consultation!
Reddy Care Great Neck (Great Neck Physical Therapy): 516-829-0030
Reddy Care Farmingdale (Farmingdale Physical Therapy): 516-420-2900
In-Home Physical & Occupational Therapy (Home Care): 516-829-0030